Sunday, August 16, 2015

PayPal's horrible new feature.


https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/wallet/ which you can't get to without logging in reads, "If you have a PayPal balance, we'll use it first." But PayPal's new "feature" Pay after Delivery bypasses the PayPal balance and goes for money in your bank account for some unexplained reason. It makes it harder to keep track of your spending because there is no setting aside money for the pending transaction as usual.  Also, this feature is opt-out instead of opt-in.
When I checked out of eBay with Edge, twice blank popup windows occurred and there was a PayPal box in among the eBay page. I don't know if I didn't look at the PayPal box too clearly, but all I saw was that the money was coming from PayPal.

I don't usually keep money in the savings account that PayPal is planning to take money from. All the unhelpful replies to my complaint amounted to just explaining the feature. I've changed banks and the previous one charged me for an attempt to withdraw money that wasn't there while declining the transaction.from a savings account. Update: The new bank charges the predatory price of $29 for someone attempting to withdraw money when there isn't enough there. More on this in a later post.

No comments: